Friday, December 18, 2009

A personal trainer

Just a reminder...to you and me...stretch.

For a week now, I've been having some pain in my left leg; my hip, my knee, my ankle.

I mentioned it in passing to my sister-in-law tonight.
Erin is a personal trainer who knows the name of every muscle, tendon, ligament and bone in the body.
She's also run a 120 mile race, twice.  She's my "go to" on all things running.

Erin says: stretch your hamstrings.
They may not feel tight, but chances are one leg is tighter than the other and it's causing one leg to work harder than the other.

So I swam today and I'm gonna ride the stationary bike tomorrow and I'm gonna stretch.  Hopefully I'll be feelin' much better, very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this is my year (well, 2010) to get serious about running! I am going to run the 2011 PF Chang's half marathon in Phoenix if you want to make long range plans to come down here and run it with me! Your blog is great by the way!

    ReplyDelete